Skip to content

Getting access to your home

You must allow us into your home to carry out inspections or repairs as outlined in your Tenancy Agreement.

We are required by law to check the safety of your gas supply once a year and your electricity supply every ten years.

We will write to you at least 24 hours before we need to come into your home (unless it’s an emergency) and you must let the Council employee or contractor in. 

Emergencies can include situations where there is risk of damage to the property or to other properties, or of injury to people.

If you try to prevent us from entering, we will charge you the cost of getting into your property.

Last reviewed: