Skip to content

Heating and hot water systems

Gas servicing
To comply with gas servicing regulations and in the interests of your own safety and others living in your block, you must make sure that a 'GAS SAFE' registered engineer services any gas heating system every year, including the boiler and its fixture and fittings.  Make sure that the engineer gives you a copy of the inspection certificate.

For more information about keeping safe read about smoke alarms and carbon monoxide in the gas safety section .

Electrical work
Where any electrical work is done in your property, especially in relation to hot water and heating systems, make sure that an NIC/IEE Part P qualified electrical engineer  carries out any electrical work to your property and gives you a copy of a valid certificate.

Last reviewed: