Skip to content

Housing benefit, Universal Credit and council tax support

Our dedicated team will award council tax support to help with your council tax and/or housing benefit (only if you fit the criteria detailed on our housing benefit page) to help with your rent.

  • question-markpng Frequently Asked Questions

    Here are the answers to some our most frequently asked questions

  • apply-for-it-greypng Cost of living support

    Help if you're struggling with the cost of living.

  • council-tax-greypng Benefit calculators

    Use a benefits calculator to check entitlement to housing benefit (only if you fit the criteria) or council tax support.

  • housing-personpng Housing benefit

    Housing benefit helps people on low incomes who are pensioners (both members of a couple must be pensioners) or live in supported (specified) accommodation pay their rent. It is not available for mortgage repayments.

  • council-services-greypng Council tax support

    Council tax support is financial assistance available to low income households to help you pay your council tax.

  • apply-for-it-greypng Change of circumstances - benefits

    Use our online form to notify us of a change in circumstances.

  • apply-for-it-greypng Universal Credit

    Universal Credit (UC) is one benefit designed to replace 6 benefits with a single monthly payment if you're out of work or on a low income or need to claim help with your rent.

  • informationpng DWP benefit cap

    The benefit cap forms part of the Government's welfare reforms. It means that the total amount of benefit that a person of working age (18 to 66) receives can be restricted. Those affected by the cap will be directly notified by the Department for Work and Pensions.

  • benefits-greypng Where to go for advice about debt

    You can get free, confidential and independent advice on dealing with debt problems in the UK by using our links.

  • report-itpng How to report fraud

    Stroud District Council no longer has its own Fraud Officers. The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) is now responsible for investigating fraud in Housing Benefit on behalf of the Council.

Share this page