Skip to content

Change of circumstances

There are examples of changes we would need to know about below. You must supply proof of these changes, with exact date(s), where applicable and you will be able to upload documents in the form for that purpose.

Please note you must tell the Benefits department directly about changes in your circumstances.  It is not enough to tell another Council department and/or Government Agency and expect them to pass on information. 

If you are on UC you only need to tell us about the examples marked with an asterisk (*) as UC tells us your income.

Otherwise all of the change examples below apply.

 Type of change

Examples of changes you must report 

Ending your claim  
  • *Date you are moving out of the Stroud District (we also need a tenancy end date)
  • *Date you no longer need help paying your rent or council tax
Changes to any benefits or unearned income received by any adult in your family  
  • Date you start or stop receiving job seekers' allowance, income support, employment and support allowance, pension credit or Universal Credit
  • Date you start or stop receiving tax credits, pensions, disability living allowance or attendance allowance
Employment changes for any adult in your family  
  • Date you start or stop working
  • Date of increase or decrease in salary or hours worked
The number of people living in your house  
  • Date you have a new baby
  • *Date another person moves in
  • *Date someone moves out of your home
 Moving home  
  • *Date you have moved to another property
  • *Dates of the end of the old tenancy and the start of the new tenancy
 Rent change  
  • Date of increase or decrease in your rent
  • You only need to tell us about changes in your rent if you are a private tenant (including renting from a housing association)
Bank accounts, savings and investments  The amount of savings you have is over:
  • £6,000 (for working-age people)
  • £10,000 (for pensioners)
  • £16,000 ends entitlement for all