Skip to content

Planning and building control

  • planning-and-building-controlpng Apply for planning permission

    How to submit a planning application and advice on whether planning permission is required.

  • searchpng Search planning applications

    Search, view and comment on planning applications.

  • conservation-greypng Conservation, biodiversity, listed buildings, trees and hedgerows

    The conservation service includes information on listed buildings, conservation areas, biodiversity, tree conservation and hedges. You may also apply for pre-application advice.

  • hazard-signpng Building control

    Our building control service ensures that buildings are designed and constructed in accordance with the Building Regulations and associated legislation.

  • boundary-maps-greypng Planning strategy

    Have a look at the Local Plan and find other planning guidance that aims to shape the way in which Stroud District is developed in the future.

  • council-tax-greypng Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)

    CIL is a levy on certain types of development to fund infrastructure in the Stroud district. Find out if your development is CIL liable and the process involved.

  • law-and-legalpng Planning appeals

    How to submit a planning appeal, deadlines for submitting an appeal, viewing planning appeals and decisions.

  • county-district-greypng Planning constraints and policy maps

    Check if your property is in a conservation area, area of outstanding natural beauty, flood zone, if there are any trees with preservation orders on them, if the property is listed or has an article 4 direction on it. Also see which site specific policies apply to the site.

  • exclamation-markpng Planning enforcement

    Planning enforcement investigates possible breaches of planning control and aims to resolve these using the most appropriate means or action.

  • for-salepng Local land charges

    Carries out searches to identify any registrations that may affect property or land.

  • streetpng Address management

    Creates and amends official addresses and names streets.

  • informationpng Statement of Community Involvement

    How we will consult with the community on planning matters.

  • hazard-signpng Dangerous, dilapidated or insecure buildings & structures

    People in control of buildings and other structures are responsible for ensuring that they do not deteriorate to such an extent that they can become a danger to other people and that unauthorised access is controlled.

Share this page

We use cookies to improve user experience. If you continue, we will assume you are happy to accept cookies from this website. Continue