Skip to content

Immigration accommodation visits

When you make a request for a person to be allowed entry into the United Kingdom you may require an assessment of the property that they intend to live in.

This housing assessment is to ensure that the property is free from serious hazards and that it will not become overcrowded by the additional person (s).
The assessment must be carried out by a suitably qualified Environmental Health Professional.

The inspection will:

  • Check for serious hazards as assessed under the Housing Act 2004 (Housing Health and Safety Rating System).
  • Ensure the property has adequate bedrooms and facilities for those who occupy and intend to occupy the dwelling.
  • If you are a tenant we will need to see a copy of your tenancy agreement.

If you would like the Council to assess your home for an immigration application to the UK Border Agency you will need to complete the following form:

The cost for this service is £140.00 inclusive of VAT.

Please phone the Private Sector Housing team on 01453 754478 for more details or visit

Please note: SDC will need to receive a copy of the request for an immigration report from the UK Borders Agency or Commonwealth Office.

Last reviewed: