Skip to content

What happens if I can’t afford my rent?

You put your tenancy at risk. Don’t panic though; if you’re having financial difficulties and are unable to pay, please do get in touch sooner rather than later.  Do not let matters get out of control. Your Housing Officer will do everything they can to help you, as well as put you in touch with free services from independent and trained money advisors who can help you to manage your income and outgoings.

If you fall into rent arrears and do not address the situation, action will be taken and you may lose your home.

Last reviewed: