Skip to content


While we hope that nothing will happen to your belongings, it is wise to have home contents insurance as sometimes things can go wrong unexpectedly.

Because the Council owns the freehold of your home, it needs to ensure your home is adequately insured. We have a block policy for buildings insurance which covers all of our properties.

Buildings insurance doesn’t cover your contents, possessions or liability so you need your own contents insurance too.

The amount due for buildings insurance will be taken monthly with your rent by direct debit payment. The insurance premium will be reviewed annually in September and we will inform you, by letter, of the new amount before your direct debit changes.

See a summary of the buildings insurance. The full policy can be viewed by contacting the Right to Buy officers on 01453 766321 or email

Last reviewed: