Strategic Assessment of Land Availability (SALA)
The Council has undertaken an assessment of land available for housing, employment, retail and community uses, called the Strategic Assessment of Land Availability (SALA).
Report of findings
All sites have now been assessed for their suitability, availability and achievability in accordance with the published methodology (see below). A covering Report of Findings sets out the overall findings in terms of land supply and settlements:
Appendices to this report set out the results for individual sites:
- Appendix 1 - Sites with planning permission and other commitments
- Appendix 2 - Deliverable and developable sites
- Appendix 3 - Sites with future potential
- Appendix 4 - Rejected sites
- Appendix 5 - Note of SALA Panel meeting
An online mapping tool has been produced to identify the sites and major constraints on OS based maps. This can be accessed here.
You can access the background studies, evidence and information behind the SALA assessment from this page, including the Landscape Sensitivity Assessment and Heritage Impact Assessment >
Although the SALA is an important evidence source to inform plan-making it does not, in itself, determine whether a site should be allocated or approved for development.
There will be an opportunity to comment on sites put forward for development, or to propose additional or alternative sites for future development, through the forthcoming Local Plan review process, which is due to commence in Autumn 2017.
The SALA methodology
The SALA has been undertaken in accordance with a methodology which was subject to public consultation in 2016:
A Call for Sites took place between 7th December 2015 and 18th January 2016. Parish and town councils, landowners, agents or potential developers were invited to put forward sites, located in and around the District’s settlements, that could be suitable for housing, employment, retail or community uses.
- Index of Call for Sites submissions
- Sites 1 -25 View form & location plan
- Sites 26 - 50 View form & location plan
- Sites 51 - 75 View form & location plan
- Sites 76 - 100 View form & location plan
- Sites 101 - 125 View form & location plan
- Sites 126 - 136 View form & location plan
Please note some of these files are quite large and may take some time to download
This page was last updated: 9 August 2017