Brownfield Land Register
Stroud District Brownfield Land Register
The Town and Country Planning (Brownfield Land Register) Regulations 2017 require each local planning authority responsible for determining applications for housing development to prepare, maintain and publish a register of previously developed land in their area which they consider appropriate for residential development.
The Register comprises two parts:
- Part 1 – all brownfield sites, at least 0.25ha in area or capable of supporting at least 5 dwellings, that a local planning authority has assessed as appropriate for residential development.
- Part 2 – only those sites included in Part 1 that the local planning authority has decided would be suitable for a grant of permission in principle for residential development.
The Register is designed to provide transparent, up-to-date and consistent information about suitable and available brownfield sites in the local area assessed as appropriate for housing and is updated at least once a year.
The Register is published at https://www.stroud.gov.uk/brownfield-land
The Brownfield Register is available in a choice of formats:
- Brownfield Register December 2022 (Excel with site specific links to mapped register including Local Plan policy information)
- Brownfield Register December 2022 (csv format)
- Brownfield Register December 2022 (DATA.GOV.UK)
Data is provided under the Open Government Licence