COVID 19 - DEVELOPMENT SERVICES: SITE VISITS UPDATEStroud District Council Planners will be resuming site visits from Monday 8th June. Please bear with us as we have a significant backlog of site visits to undertake.
The introduction of site visits will be in phases, the first being sites that can be visited without entering a building.
Please read the full update under Coronavirus.
Appeals against the council's planning decisions are made to the Planning Inspectorate. The Secretary of State appoints the planning inspectors who determine the appeals.
Only the person who applied for planning permission, or who was served with an enforcement notice (known as the appellant) has a legal right to appeal. There is no right of appeal for third parties to the Inspectorate or others unhappy with the decision.
You can appeal against:
- the refusal of planning application or listed building consent
- a planning condition you believe is unjustified
- an application which was not decided within the statutory period unless an extension of time has been agreed.
- an enforcement notice
Deadline for submitting an appeal
- Refusal of Householder planning applications - 12 weeks from the date of the decision notice.
- Refusal of Minor commercial development - 12 weeks from the date of the decision notice.
- Refusal of Advert Consent - 8 weeks from the date of the decision notice.
- All other application types - 6 months from the date of the decision notice.
- Enforcement Notice – details of when to appeal by will be specified on the notice.
How to make a planning appeal
Information about how to make a planning appeal is available from the Planning Inspectorate via the GOV.UK website How to make a planning appeal
Prospective appellants requesting an inquiry into their appeal must notify ourselves and the Planning Inspectorate at least 10 days prior to submission of an appeal. Please use this notification form.
View planning appeals and decisions
It is possible to track the status of appeals online by using our Search for planning applications.
To view appeal documents relating the appeals started prior to 9th October 2017, please use the planning application search.
For all appeals started after 9th October 2017, please use the appeals search to view appeal documents.