Pre-application advice and enquiries
Not sure if you need planning permission ... find out by using our new pre-applications services.
All pre-application advice should be requested using the form below.
Further information regarding planning permission can also be found on the Planning Portal and government websites. Please see the links below.
- Apply for pre-application advice and enquiries
- Send completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to include in your enquiry (including meetings)
The advice given will depend on the level of information provided. As such clear and accurate information will allow us to provide a more thorough response.
A minimum requirement for an enquiry (at the time of submission) is;
- a map showing the location and boundary of the site
- plans/sketches/annotated photographs showing any physical works
- a written description of the proposal
- photographs of the site
For enquiries asking for an officers opinion on whether a scheme is likely to be acceptable please also include:
- a justification of why your proposal may be acceptable in planning policy terms, referencing Stroud District Local Plan 2015
IF THIS INFORMATION IS NOT SUPPLIED YOUR ENQUIRY WILL NOT BE VALID AND WILL THEREFORE NOT BE RESPONDED TO OR MEETING ORGANISED.
The officer may request further information before providing advice or having the meeting. If further information is required to advise you or the above is not included the request may not be considered to be valid and as such meetings and the response may be delayed.
Please note officers may also consider that your preferred service option is not the most suitable option they will advise you of this and (if the service is a lesser charge) provide this service instead. Due to time resources we are unlikely to be able to provide on site meetings unless there is a clear reason this is required.