Skip to content

Council tax

Council tax is a property tax levied on domestic properties, whether owned or rented, and helps to pay for local services in the Stroud District. The charge levied on your property will depend on the band of your property and the parish you live in.

  • benefits-greypng Where to go for advice about debt

    Information about organisations who can offer free, confidential and independent advice on dealing with debt problems.

  • online-servicespng My SDC account

    A quick and easy way to access council services at any time. Including council tax, business rates, housing benefit and council tax support.

  • for-salepng Tell us about your change of address or household circumstances

    Let us know if you are moving home, either within the district, out of the district or if you are setting up your first account with us. Have you had a change in circumstances? Please let us know if there has been a change in your household circumstances.

  • 2024/25 Billing information

  • Boundary changes with effect from 1 April 2024

  • council-tax-greypng 2023/24 Billing information

    Financial information for Stroud District Council, Gloucestershire County Council and The Police and Crime Commissioner for the financial year 2023/24. You can also find general information such as how to pay your Council Tax, discounts and exemptions, what to do if you are experiencing difficulties and whether or not you may be able to get a reduction in your charge.

  • council-tax-greypng Council tax bands and rates

    Find out the council tax band for your home and how much council tax you must pay.

  • pay-for-itpng Pay your council tax

    Find out the different ways you can pay your council tax, or how we may be able to help if you are experiencing difficulties, or if you have received a reminder, cancellation letter or summons.

  • online-servicespng Check your council tax balance online

    Use this page to check your council tax balance.

  • agenda-greypng Council tax support

    Council tax support is financial assistance available to low income households to help you pay your council tax.

  • informationpng Council tax discounts, exemptions, empty properties and second homes

    Depending on your circumstances, it may be possible to get a reduction on your council tax bill. You will also find information on our empty property policy, second home policy and annexe discount. Please read the important changes that are being made to our second home and empty property charge with effect from 1 April 2025.

  • tickpng Receive your bill by email

    E-billing provides a faster, more efficient and convenient way to receive and check your bills.

  • informationpng Council Tax Adult Social Care precept explained

    Information concerning the charge levied on your bill for the Adult Social Care.

  • policiespng Cabinet Office privacy notice for council tax

    IMPORTANT NOTICE The fair processing notice gives information on how the Council is allowed to use the information you provide to us.

  • it-helppng Cost of Living Support

    Find information and sources of support that could help you or someone you know.

  • budgets-greypng Scammers

    We are advising householders to be vigilant as we have been made aware that scammers are contacting people by phone and email and requesting bank details in order to access the energy rebate.

Share this page