Skip to content



Apply to the Household Support fund

The Household Support Fund is available through Gloucestershire County Council to support households who are experiencing financial hardship. The fund can help with the costs of food, energy and water bills and other essential items. When you apply you will be asked to provide some kind of evidence to show your loss of income or increased living costs. For full information on how to apply please visit their webpage or call for advice if you cannot apply online. 

Emergency Food

We can make a referral to Stroud District Foodbank for you. The foodbank can deliver 3 days worth of food to you or you can pick it from a local venue. The Foodbank can also provide other support like energy vouchers or advice. Please contact us at 01453 766321 and dial 0 for Customer services or email

Citizens Advice

If you are struggling with money you can approach Citizens Advice Stroud and Cotswolds who will be able to provide advice.

Apply for free school meals

If you or your child receive certain benefits, you can apply for free school meals from Year 3 and above.

Last reviewed: