Street Trading Market Consents
Market street trading consents are issued to markets that do not operate under a Market Charter or Order. A market consent will cover a number of stalls.
The market must meet the criteria set below.
- It has a nominated organiser.
- It has the approval of the local town or parish council and the chamber of trade.
- It adds value to the town’s trade through the provision of specialist products.
- It does not operate in detriment to the local community.
- If the application is made by an organisation, they must nominate a named individual who will be responsible for managing use of the consent.
- Application Form Market consent application form
- Plan showing the trading location for all stalls shown in red
- Photographs of types of stalls (if appropriate)
- Proof of eligibility to work (National Insurance Details) for the event organiser
- Documentary evidence of the landowners permission (where necessary) to trade from their land
- Market Management Plan
- Payment of non refundable consultation fee - contact the Licensing Team to pay the fee see fees and charges page for current fee
There will be a 28 day consultation which will include the Town or Parish Council and local residents. If the location is deemed suitable following consultation the additional are required
- Third party public liability insurance of £10,000,000
- A DBS basic criminal check for the nominated named individual
- The consent fee - contact the Licensing Team to pay the fee see fees and charges page for current fee