Empty, unoccupied properties
Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG4)
The Council has created a new Additional Restrictions Grant policy based on Government guidance, which will provide additional support to businesses who have been severely financially impacted by Covid restrictions and delay to the Government’s roadmap.
The scheme is open for applications from 1pm Thursday 22 July 2021 and closes at 10pm Sunday 8 August 2021.
All businesses will have to complete the secure online application form by clicking on the link below.
To be eligible, a business must fit under one of the following sectors:
- travel and tourism sector, including group travel, travel agents and tour operators
- wedding industries
- events industries
- English language schools
- freelance and mobile businesses (including caterers, events, hair, beauty and wedding related businesses)
Businesses will need to demonstrate that they have been severely financially impacted and will be required to submit evidence to support the claim.
All applications will be validated and a determination made as to whether the business is eligible for a grant and how much. Please note that no payments will be made until the application deadline of Sunday 8th August has passed and all applications have been assessed.
RESTART Grants – this scheme closed for applications on 30 June.
If you have already submitted an application please note that the council are required to undertake more extensive and robust pre-payment checks on the restart grants, so processing times for these grants may be longer.
Certain categories of unoccupied property may be exempt indefinitely from a charge:
- properties with a rateable value less than £2,899 (effective from 1st April 2017)
- occupation prohibited by law
- vacant due to action taken on behalf of the Crown
- listed building subject to building preservation notice
- ancient monuments included in schedule compiled under Ancient Monuments & Archaeological Areas Act 1979(b)
- owner entitled to possession only in his capacity as personal representative of a deceased person
- a bankruptcy order subsists in respect of the owner’s estate
- owner entitled possession as trustee under deed of arrangement
- owner is a company subject to winding-up order under the Insolvency Act 1986 or being wound up voluntarily under that Act
- owner in administration or subject to an administration order
- owner entitled to possession in their capacity as liquidator