Empty, unoccupied properties
We have now completed the background checks required before making payment of the restart grants and payments for successful claims submitted before 7th May 2021 are due to be released Monday 10th May to be in bank accounts 2-3 days later.
All eligible businesses will need to make an application for a restart grant even if your business has received payment from previous grants.
To qualify, the business must be a business ratepayer, must have been trading on 1 April 2021 and be in one of the relevant sectors
Please note that the council are required to undertake more extensive and robust pre-payment checks on the restart grants, so processing times for these grants may be longer.
The guidance documentation can be found by clicking the link below
Closing Dates For Business Support Grant Applications
The current round of application for discretionary (arg) application, is now closed
LRSGA 16/02/2021 to 31/03/2021 Last date for applications 31/05/2021
All businesses that wish to claim will have to complete the secure online form by clicking on the link below.
Do not use this form to apply for the RESTART grants available from April. We will be inviting applications shortly via a different on-line application and details will be updated on these pages when the scheme is live.
All applications will be validated and a determination made as to whether the business is eligible for a grant and how much. Payment will be made as soon as practical after the assessment has been made.
The government will not accept deliberate manipulation and fraud and any business caught falsifying their statements or evidence to gain grant money will face prosecution and any funding issued will be subject to claw back, as may any grants paid in error.
Certain categories of unoccupied property may be exempt indefinitely from a charge:
- properties with a rateable value less than £2,899 (effective from 1st April 2017)
- occupation prohibited by law
- vacant due to action taken on behalf of the Crown
- listed building subject to building preservation notice
- ancient monuments included in schedule compiled under Ancient Monuments & Archaeological Areas Act 1979(b)
- owner entitled to possession only in his capacity as personal representative of a deceased person
- a bankruptcy order subsists in respect of the owner’s estate
- owner entitled possession as trustee under deed of arrangement
- owner is a company subject to winding-up order under the Insolvency Act 1986 or being wound up voluntarily under that Act
- owner in administration or subject to an administration order
- owner entitled to possession in their capacity as liquidator