Infrastructure and viability evidence
COVID 19 - DEVELOPMENT SERVICES: SITE VISITS UPDATEStroud District Council Planners will be resuming site visits from Monday 8th June. Please bear with us as we have a significant backlog of site visits to undertake.
The introduction of site visits will be in phases, the first being sites that can be visited without entering a building.
Please read the full update under Coronavirus.
The Infrastructure Delivery Plan (IDP) identifies the transport, utilities, community and green infrastructure and services that will be required to support the levels of housing and employment growth set out in the Local Plan.
- Infrastructure Delivery Plan July 2013.pdf (3.2 MB)
- Infrastructure Delivery Plan Refresh Version – November 2014.pdf (8.6 MB)
- Stroud Local Plan Capacity Assessment (Transport) – December 2014.pdf (2.6 MB)
- Sustainable Transport Assessment – May 2015 (7.5 MB)
- Sustainable Transport Audit Appendix - May 2015 (3.3 MB)
Position statements have been developed for the Local Plan strategic allocations currently without planning permission to identify the expected infrastructure requirements, likely costs and timing of delivery.
Local plans should be deliverable and the scale of planning obligations and policy requirements contained within local plans should not threaten the viability of development.
In 2013, the Council commissioned consultants to provide an assessment of the impact on viability of the policies in the Local Plan, and to ensure that the combined impact of the policies does not render development un-viable to the extent that the delivery of the Plan is prejudiced. This study examined the viability of the strategic site allocations and a suite of typical development sites that are likely to come forward over the plan period.
To underpin the development of a Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) for Stroud District, viability studies have been carried out to determine the level of CIL that could be delivered.
- Local Plan Viability Study August 2013.pdf (1.6MB)
- Stroud Viability Appendices.pdf (2.8MB)
- Development Appraisal Study August 2012 .pdf (1.9MB)
- Viability Study Annex to the Local Plan Viability Study Jan 2014 (2.6MB)
- CIL Viability Update March 2016 (3.8MB)