Economy and employment evidence
The Council has developed an economy and employment evidence base to support the preparation of the Local Plan. A number of studies have been produced, in some cases undertaken with or by other authorities and consultants.
Employment land studies
An employment land study was undertaken by AECOM in partnership with BE Group for the Council in 2012/13.
The findings were updated by an Employment Assessment Review undertaken by BE Group for the Council in 2014.
- Stroud District Employment Land Study (1.8 MB)
- Employment land appendices.pdf (4.3 MB)
- Employment Assessment Review November 2014.pdf (819.0 KB)
Town centre and retail studies
A report was prepared by GVA Grimley Ltd for the Council in 2010.
In 2013, GVA prepared an update to consider the impact of changes in national retail policy and to reassess quantitative need for retail floorspace across the District.
- Stroud Town Centres and Retailing Study.pdf (1.2 MB)
- Town centre and retail studies appendices.pdf (4.1 MB)
- Stroud Retail Study Update 2013.pdf (1.3 MB)
In 2017 the Council undertook a partial review entitled The Future of Town Centres, which focussed on the main town centres within the District of Stroud, Nailsworth, Stonehouse, Dursley, Wotton-under-Edge.