Community Infrastructure Levy
The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) allows local authorities in England and Wales to raise funds from developers undertaking new building projects in their area. The money can be used to fund a wide range of infrastructure that is needed as a result of development. SDC adopted CIL in February 2017 and it was implemented on the 01st April 2017.
Please go to our planning and building control, Community Infrastructure pages for all information on:
- SDC’S Charging Schedule
- What applications may be liable
- An overview of CIL
- The process and the CIL Forms that need to completed
- Developer and Parish information
- How CIL is spent and the CIL 123 Regulation List
- Further information on the adoption and implementation process and documentation.
This Planning Strategy page will be updated with relevant process information at a time when SDC conduct a review of CIL, in addition to any CIL reporting which will be displayed publicly.
Please do not hesitate to contact the CIL Team on CIL@stroud.gov.uk should you have any questions.