Skip to content

High hedges

Resolving an issue

If you feel that you are being negatively affected by a high hedge on neighbouring land then you should in the first instance work with your neighbours to resolve the issue.

Making a complaint

As a last resort under the high hedges legislation, any person can complain to the council if their reasonable enjoyment of their property is adversely affected by a high hedge.

However you must first have tried and exhausted all other avenues for resolving their hedge dispute.

Part 8 of the Anti-social Behaviour Act 2003, gives local authorities powers to deal with complaints about high hedges.

For more information and/or for a complaints form, please contact the planning department.


Share this page

We use cookies to improve user experience. If you continue, we will assume you are happy to accept cookies from this website. Continue