Pest control appointmentsDue to the season we are in, Stroud District Council Pest Control are currently fully booked for the next 4 weeks. Please contact us and we will endeavour to book your appointment as soon as possible, please note we have now ceased treatment for wasp nests.
We are now operating a range of pest control services (including rats, mice, wasps and flea treatment) but we need to ensure that you and our pest control operatives are adequately protected during the Coronavirus pandemic. When you book an appointment you will be asked a series of questions to help us identify the best way to keep everyone safe. Please let our team know if you or anyone in your household is in a vulnerable group or self-isolating for any reason. Pest control officers have been instructed to strictly observe social distancing guidelines.
Book an appointment to get rid of pests
Bees are not a public health pest and should normally be left alone. If you are troubled by swarming honey bees we may be able to put you in touch with a local bee keeper. Stroud District Council does not treat for bees.
- See all pests and charges
- To make an appointment: You can either use our booking form, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, please leave a contact number and we will call you back.
- Please include your name, address, postcode, telephone number and a brief description of the nature and location of the problem.
Covid-19: Do tell us if you are shielding or self-isolating for any reason.
About our pest control services for your home
We give priority to pests of public health significance and we do not currently deal with bats, squirrels, badgers, foxes, moles or birds. The team do not carryout pest proofing work or timber treatment but we can provide advice on how to keep your premises free of pests.
We are able to respond to most domestic pest emergencies without drama in a discrete and professional way. Our pest control officers are some of the most experienced in the industry.
There is a charge for most of our work which is payable at the time of booking, so please have a credit or debit card to hand. However, if you are in receipt of an income related benefit you may be entitled to a discount, depending on the type of treatment. When you call to book an appointment please make sure you have full details of the eligible benefit you are claiming (including the benefit reference number and your national insurance number).
The full fee will be payable if you cancel a visit without giving 24 hours notice (or call by 10am if your appointment is on Monday) or fail to provide access to the property at the arranged time. A £32 call-out charge may be applied in the following circumstances:-
- If a survey is required in order to provide a quotation for treatment (if you subsequently book a service, the call out fee will be deducted from the final bill)
- If we are unable to carryout the treatment (e.g. if there is no safe means of access; no evidence of a pest problem or no secure place to leave poison bait)
For further information and charges:
Where rat or mouse infestations on domestic premises are due to the keeping of livestock e.g. poultry, our commercial rate will apply and no reductions for people on benefits are applicable.
- Bed bugs
- Cluster flies
- Other insects (Moths and carpet beetles)
Pest control services for your business
Our pest control contract service has now resumed for existing customers but we are not taking on any new contracts for the time being. We will up date this space when the situation improves.
However, in the event of a pest infestation, our pest control team can still offer a one-off treatment to deal with the problem quickly and effectively at competitive rates.
We believe that prevention is better than cure and when we get back to normal operation we can offer a free, no-obligation quotation for an annual contract tailored to meet your needs and the types of pests that are likely to visit your premises. Our pest control officers are able to give clients advice on how to keep their business pest-free and operating without interruption and, of course, within food hygiene and health and safety requirements.
Our portfolio of commercial clients includes factories, caterers, retailers, farms and schools.
Please email - email@example.com
Whilst we don’t normally recommend it, we recognise that during the current coronavirus epidemic some people will decide to treat pests using off-the-shelf pesticides and traps. If you do decide to treat an infestation yourself do take care. Remember
- Many pesticides are harmful to people, pets and wildlife
- there is growing evidence that amateur use of rodenticides can contribute to poison resistance, particularly in rats
- read the label carefully and follow the manufacturer’s instructions
- make sure you remove and properly dispose of any left-over product
- break-back traps don’t always kill cleanly, check them regularly to avoid captured animals suffering unnecessarily
Pest control charges
How to arrange a pest control visit and our charges.