Terms and conditions for garden waste collections
Please take time to read these terms and conditions as they form part of our agreement with you.
- The garden waste collections are fortnightly from the beginning of February to the end of November each year
- No refunds will be issued. We will no longer post licences to subscribers. Collection staff will have live booking information stored on in-cab technology. Small bin stickers will be applied by operatives once collections commence. These stickers aren’t mandatory and will be used as a visual aid for collection staff only, so do not worry if you have paid and your bin hasn’t been stickered, collections will still be made.
- For new subscriptions your bin will be delivered before the end of January, or within 10 working days if ordered once the scheme commences.
- The Council will provide one or more garden waste wheeled bin/s at a charge as required
- The brown bins become the property of the resident. The Council will not replace the bin free of charge if it is lost or stolen; this will be the responsibility of the custoer
- Customers need to ensure their licence is attached to the top of the bin lid. Your bin will NOT be collected without a valid licence
- The bin will need to be presented before 6 am on collection day, which may be a different day to other waste collections. You will be advised of your collection day in your booking confirmation.
- Only garden waste listed in the policy may be disposed of through this service
- All garden waste must be contained within the bin/s provided by the Council. Any garden waste not contained in a Stroud District Council brown bin will not be collected. Please ensure the bin lid is completely shut when presenting your bin for the collectors
- The Council reserves the right to refuse to collect overweight bins for health and safety reasons
- Should your collection be missed due to contractor failure, please report it to the Council and we will aim to return and collect within 48 hours but it may take up to 5 working days.
- The Council reserves the right to suspend the collection of garden waste in cases of severe weather. On such an occasion the Council will make its best endeavours to collect the garden waste at the next earliest opportunity which may be your next scheduled collection day. The council will not reimburse customers in these instances
Cancellations and queries
If you have a query or decide that you no longer wish to subscribe to the service, please contact us. Please note no refunds will be issued.