CORONAVIRUSCoronavirus: Bin collections and disposing of tissues and cleaning materials
Easter Waste Collections
There are no changes to collection days for food waste, garden waste, refuse or recycling over the Easter period. Please present waste on your normal collection day, even if that is Good Friday or Easter Monday.
Garden waste was not collected on Monday 6th April from the following areas:
- 1, 8,10,11,14,20,24,29,38,39,41 and 42 Delmont Grove, Uplands
- 1,2, 6,8,9,10, and 11 Heazle Place, Uplands
Garden waste will be collected by the end of Thursday 9th April.
We apologise for any inconvenience.
Updated at 9:55 Monday 8 April 2020
Businesses have an obligation to ensure that waste arising from their activities is disposed of in a safe and controlled manner. This means:
- Waste needs to be stored in a secure fashion so that no one else can tamper with it.
- When it is taken for disposal, either by someone in house or an external company, it is imperative that they have a valid Waste Carriers Licence relevant to the type of waste.
- Either on a collection by collection frequency, or yearly "milk round" basis a valid Waste Transfer Note is required outlining where the waste has been sent either for disposal or recycling.
Stroud District Council does not operate commercial waste collections but there are a number of companies both within the District and the County who provide this service.