Businesses have an obligation to ensure that waste arising from their activities is disposed of in a safe and controlled manner. This means:
- Waste needs to be stored in a secure fashion so that no one else can tamper with it.
- When it is taken for disposal, either by someone in house or an external company, it is imperative that they have a valid Waste Carriers Licence relevant to the type of waste.
- Either on a collection by collection frequency, or yearly "milk round" basis a valid Waste Transfer Note is required outlining where the waste has been sent either for disposal or recycling.
Stroud District Council does not operate commercial waste collections but there are a number of companies both within the District and the County who provide this service.
Further information on how to handle your waste
- www.netregs.gov.uk - A government website that outlines legislation relevant to commercial waste disposal.
- www.environment-agency.gov.uk - The body that regulates the commercial waste sector.