Bulky waste collection service
The bulky household waste collection is a chargeable service when you have rubbish that is too big for your bin. This includes items such as old furniture, heavy white goods for example, washing machines, fridge-freezers and other large household items.
Before you ask us to collect an unwanted item, can you get rid of it another way?
- if it's in good condition, give it to someone who could use it
- if you can get it there, take it to your nearest recycling centre
- If you think it could be repaired, advertise it on Freecycle or Freegle. Charitable organisations look through these selling pages and will try to repair almost anything to give it a second lease of life
The charge is £25 for us to collect up to three items, any additional items will then cost £5 per item. Payments must be made with either a credit or debit card.
What happens when I book a collection?
Once you make your booking we will give you a definite day of collection. Your waste should be left outside your home by 8am, making sure all the items can be easily seen by our collection team and not blocking the public highway.
Book a bulky waste collection
Please check the list of items we won't collect before making a booking.
You will receive an email confirmation of booking and receipt for your payment after the payment has been successfully completed.
We do not offer concessions for this service and once payment has been received it is a non-refundable.
Bulky items we cannot collect
- Builders waste
- Commercial fridges or cookers
- Fixtures and fittings (for example, doors and windows)
- Fitted wardrobes
- Kitchen units
- Bathroom suite
- Garden waste (garden waste collection service available)
- Storage heaters
- Garage doors
- Sheds or green houses
- DIY waste
- Car parts
* Please note this is not a definitive list. Please contact us if you have any queries.
Bulky waste charity donations
Donate your unwanted item.