Bulky waste collection service
The bulky waste collection service is for items that are too big to fit into a normal household bin; too heavy to safely collect using your normal bin collection (over 25 kg ); or for items that are not allowed in a household bin (such as electrical appliances). This includes items such as old furniture, white goods such as washing machines, fridge-freezers and other large household items. Please note we do NOT collect fixtures and fittings or DIY materials.
Before you ask us to collect an unwanted item, can you get rid of it another way?
- if it's in good condition, give it to someone who could use it
- if you can get it there, take it to your nearest recycling centre
- If you think it could be repaired, advertise it on Freecycle or Freegle. Charitable organisations look through these selling pages and will try to repair almost anything to give it a second lease of life.
- The charge is £20 for up to three items and then £5 for each item after that only when booked at the same time.
- No refunds will be given for any reason, this includes cancellations, if you change your mind or if the items are collected by another organisation.
- Once payment has been made you are unable to add or change items
Do you want to order a collection?
See things we cannot take before you continue.
How to book a collection
To book a bulky waste collection please contact our customer service centre on: 01453 754424 and pay with either a credit or debit card or complete our online form with your contact details (please include your address and telephone number in the body of the message) and we'll call you back to take payment. Our customer services centre is open Monday to Thursday 8.45am to 5.00pm and Fridays 8.45am to 4.30pm.
Bulky waste - what we won't collect
We only collect bulky household waste that can be safely lifted by two people.
Bulky waste charity donations
Donate your unwanted item.
This page was last updated: 3 weeks ago