Skip to content

Living overseas

Information for British Citizens living overseas

You can register to vote if you are a British citizen living overseas and have been registered to vote in the UK within the last 15 years, or if you are a public servant posted overseas.

Overseas electors are eligible to vote in parliamentary elections and national referendums in the UK.

If you have lived abroad for more than 15 years and are not a public servant posted overseas, then you are not eligible to vote.


To register as a British citizen living in another country

To register as Public servants or spouse or civil partner of a public servant posted overseas

Public servants are eligible to vote in all UK elections. Keeping your details up to date on the electoral register will mean we can contact you easily and ensure you can still vote.



Share this page