Elections Job Opportunities
Apply to work for the Elections Team. Have you got what it takes to join us?
Have you ever thought of getting involved at election time by working at a Polling Station? Our Elections Team is always looking to recruit motivated and dynamic staff to fill any vacancies that occur, and would love to hear from you if you're interested in becoming involved.
You must be at least 18 years of age to work in a polling station as staff. You must also be entitled to work in the UK (in accordance with the provisions of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996).
- Polling staff must not work on behalf of a candidate during an election campaign, nor be related to a prospective candidate
- Your valid passport, or
- Your birth certificate and proof of national insurance number (eg P60, P45, payslip, etc.)
- If successful, prior to taking up your appointment, you must provide evidence of your eligibility to work in the UK by showing us either:
- Polling and count staff must consent to working in excess of the normal working hours provided for by the working time directive
- Poll Clerk Job Description and Person Specification