Our Careline service plays a key role in helping vulnerable people or/and older people to live independently and safely in their own homes. The service can provide vital reassurance to residents and their family and friends when they need it most.
What is a Careline?
Careline is an effective way of getting help through your landline telephone line quickly and efficiently 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. A small pendant is worn around the neck or on a wrist-strap. This is linked to a special unit - the Careline - which plugs into your telephone point with an adjacent 13amp electrical socket.
How does it work?
By pressing the pendant a signal is sent to the Careline, which will then dial automatically to our Control Room. Your pre-programmed personal details will come up on a computer screen and a fully-trained operator will be able to talk to you through a powerful speaker and listen to you through a sensitive microphone.
How will they help me?
The Control Room will quickly establish what assistance you require i.e. an Ambulance, Doctor, or perhaps one of your nominated contacts (neighbour, friend or a family member who ideally holds a key to your property). The Control Room Staff will stay on the line to reassure you until help arrives.
How are they available?
A careline can be rented from us. If you would like more details, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The costs for the service:
- Careline unit and pendant - £3.95 per week + VAT this includes 24/7 monitoring and maintenance
- Replacement or second pendants are a one off charge of £56.54 + VAT*
- iVi intelligent pendants that can detect most types of falls are available for a one of charge of £104.80 + VAT*
*prices are subject to an annual increase- current price is fixed from 01/04/2023 to 31/03/2024
- Charges are paid monthly by direct debit or they can invoiced six-monthly in arrears and can be paid by bank card over the phone or bank transfer.
- VAT is charged at 20% unless the customer is eligible for exemption on health grounds.