Event banner application
Stroud District Council controls the use of the railings at London Road Car Park for the purpose of promoting local events.
Policy on banners
SDC has established the following guidelines to assist promoters of events in determining whether a banner will be permitted. The more criteria met by an event, the less likely refusal will be.
To obtain permission events will be one or more of the following:
- At interval less frequent than monthly
- Entertainment, sporting or cultural
- Promoting charitable organisations / proceeds being given to charity
- Non party political
- In venues receiving financial assistance from public funds
- Within Stroud District
- No more than 2 banners are allowed at any one time
- Size guidance 1m (high) x 3m (wide)
- Approval for events not meeting any of these criteria is at the discretion of SDC
- Initial bookings may only be made for two weeks maximum.
- If space is available at the end of the booked period an extension will be possible on request
- The Council accepts no liability for loss or damage to banners at any time
- Please telephone: 01453 754418 if you have any queries