skip to main content

Pay housing rent

Set up a Direct Debit

Setting up a Direct Debit payment is the safest and most convenient way to pay. You can cancel a direct debit at any time by contacting your bank or building society.

To set up a Direct Debit you’ll need:

  • Housing rent account reference
  • bank name, branch and sort code
  • bank account number and the name(s) on the account

Set up a direct debit form for housing rent

24hr telephone payment line

  • Telephone 0300 4560 510. Please have your housing rent account reference and debit or credit card ready when you call.

Pay by post

Cheques should be made payable to Stroud District Council and sent to the Council at Housing Tenant Services, Ebley Mill, Ebley Wharf, Stroud. GL5 4UB. Please write your address, rent reference or Council Tax account reference number on the back of your cheque. PLEASE DO NOT SEND CASH THROUGH THE POST .

Pay in person

You can make your payment in cash, card or cheque. You will need to have your account reference number with you. Automatic receipts are provided for the payment(s) you have made.

The kiosk is located in the reception area at Ebley Mill and is open 8.45 am - 5.00 pm Monday to Thursday and 8.45 - 4.30 pm on Fridays.

Stroud District Council
Ebley Mill
Ebley Wharf

Pay at the Post Office

You can pay at any Post Office anywhere in the country with your Plastic Rent Giro Card (only cash or cheque payments)

Pay Zone

You can pay at any facility displaying the Payzone logo anywhere in the country with your Plastic Rent Giro Card (only cash or cheque payments).

Stroud Branch,
George Street,
Sort Code: 55-61-08
Account No: 10313893

Share this page

We use cookies to improve user experience. If you continue, we will assume you are happy to accept cookies from this website. Continue