Skip to content

Temporary road closure information

If you are planning to hold an event and would like to close a road to enable that event to be held then you need to apply to the Council for a Temporary Road Closure Order. An application form is available on the guidance notes page. Please read this page first.

The cost for arranging this closure is £85.

When we have this information we will then carry out consultations with interested parties which include the Police, Ambulance, Fire, County Council, Parish Council and District Councillors. Once everyone has been consulted and there are no adverse comments or problems we can make the Order. This will be sent to you for you to display at either end of the road you propose to close.

The Council is unable to supply road signage or barriers to facilitate the closure of the road and we suggest that you contact the local police and highway authority for advice on this matter.

Share this page

We use cookies to improve user experience. If you continue, we will assume you are happy to accept cookies from this website. Continue