Seven ways to show your dog how much you care on Love Your Pet Day (and share your photos with us)
Published: Wednesday, 19 February, 2020
Join Stroud District Council’s Animal Welfare team by celebrating Love Your Pet Day today. Although the team often helps with animal problems, it’s important to remember that pets also bring enormous joy and companionship.
So although we love our pets every day of the year, this day is an opportunity to show your pets how much you care. Here are seven ideas for dog owners:
- Extra play time – treat your dog to a new toy to stimulate body and mind or spend more time playing with existing toys
- Extra “walkies” – try a new route or devote longer to the walk. If your dog is usually kept on a lead, hire a secure walking field and let it run free
- Make healthy, homemade dog treats – there are plenty of simple recipes online
- Arrange a playdate – people like socialising and so do most dogs
- Pamper your pooch – how about a bath, groom, haircut?
- Give the gift of safety – make sure your dog is micro-chipped (it’s a legal requirement). Perhaps a GPS pet tracker appeals – they can be used to count ‘steps’ as well
- Take a great photo of your hound and share it far and wide – we’d love to see it!
Whatever your pet, from horses to gerbils or parrots to corn snakes, make sure you spoil it this Love Your Pet Day.
If you’re on social media head over to our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages and share a photo of your pet.
You can find us on:
Facebook – Stroud District Council www.facebook.com/strouddistrictcouncil/
Twitter – StroudDC https://twitter.com/StroudDC
For more information about our Animal Welfare Service visit www.stroud.gov.uk/dogwarden