Help us shape the district’s leisure and wellbeing services by taking part in our survey
Published: Thursday, 28 January, 2021
Stroud District Council wants to work with local communities to ensure everyone has access to good quality leisure opportunities that properly meet their needs.
To help get this right we want to know how and where people use leisure facilities as we make plans for provision over the next 20 years.
The Leisure and Wellbeing survey aims to find out what, where and how people use leisure facilities across the district. It asks about activity before the Coronavirus pandemic, how that has changed, people’s plans for the future, and barriers that prevent people taking part in activity.
One of the visions in Stroud District Council’s Corporate Delivery Plan is to promote the health and wellbeing of communities and to work with others to deliver the public health agenda.
Cllr Chris Brine, chair of Stroud District Council’s Community Services & Licensing Committee said:
“We want to make sure that everyone in the district has access to good quality leisure facilities now and in the future. To help us accurately plan that we need as many people as possible to contribute to the survey.
“Over the next two decades the importance of a holistic approach to whole life wellbeing is likely to become more important. Stroud District Council wants to position itself as a leader in this work - building it into our vision, and our partnership with health and social care providers.”
The Leisure and Wellbeing Strategy will take into consideration:
- People’s levels of physical activity
- Activities that support the development of positive mental health and well being
- A review of venues including those owned by Stroud District Council: Stratford Park Leisure Centre, Stratford Park, The Museum in the Park and The Pulse
- Community venues and organisations
- Active travel and the use of outdoor space, in particular cycling, walking and other activities which all contribute to healthier lifestyles.
Access to the survey is via this link: https://tinyurl.com/stroudcommunity
The survey will end on 12 February 2021.