Front of House Supervisor - Museum in the Park (part time)
Closing date: 22 Jan 2023
Interview date: TBC
Salary: £24,496 pro rata, per annum
Location: Museum in the Park
Responsible to: Front of House Manager
Responsible for: Support line manager in their management of Visitor Assistants and casual staff and museum volunteers when on duty. All other staff, contractors and premises hirers when acting as Duty Manager
Are you an enthusiastic individual looking to join a supportive team in a beautiful setting? If so, we have a fantastic opportunity for you.
We are looking for a part time Front of House Supervisor to join our busy team at the Museum in the Park, Stroud, GL5 4AF. Daytime working hours covering two weekdays each week and two weekends a month plus occasional bank holidays, offering a great work/life balance.
Working at the Museum in the Park, you will be in the heart of a much-loved community venue, working in a historic building, set in beautiful parkland.
You will be part of a busy visitor services team supporting in the supervision of Front of House, welcoming a varied visitor profile from families enjoying a day out, to history fans keen to see some of the 4,000 objects that make up the Museum’s displays, to friends wanting to find the perfect spot for a cup of coffee and a chat.
You’ll be a key part of welcoming visitors to the Museum, serving customers at Front of House and making the Museum an inviting and friendly place to be.
This position will be based in the Museum in the Park, Front of House reception area and office and is responsible for supporting the supervision of the Front of House team and running the cafe and shop, galleries, garden and Museum. We operate a ‘one team’ ethos, meaning that you’ll occasionally be stepping into tasks and roles within the Museum that are outside your main duties, such as supporting the Front of House Manager in administration, ordering etc, or helping with conservation cleaning if required.
Schedule: 22hrs per week average over two weeks - 29hrs week one and 15hrs week two – refer to attached schedule. 24-month contract
8 hour shift – Day shift
After reading the information supplied with the advert if you have further questions or require clarification regarding the role contact the museum on 01453 763394 or e-mail email@example.com
Benefits of working for us:
- As an employer, the council is committed to ensuring staff have a healthy workplace and has a strong commitment to the health and wellbeing of our staff. We apply a flexible approach to work with a hybrid working model available depending on job role, enabling staff to work from the office and from home depending on service delivery requirements. This role is able to work in a hybrid way. The Council also offer flexi time.
- An office building that creates an environment that is steeped in history and is in a scenic location
- Exceptional pension scheme 18% Employer contribution
- Salary sacrifice schemes for Cycles and Electric Vehicles
- 22 days holiday per year rising to 25 days after 5 years service + bank holidays + Christmas and New Year shutdown
- Employee discount scheme available through CSSC
- The Council value the benefits volunteering can bring to others and for wellbeing. Therefore, the Council support up to 3 days per year that staff can use to Volunteer. Learning and development opportunities
- Employee wellbeing service
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is important that our staff reflect the diversity of our community, and we therefore welcome and encourage applications from people of all genders and sexual orientation, those from Black, Asian and other minority ethnic backgrounds, and people with disabilities.
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding the welfare of vulnerable adults, young people and children. Safer recruitment practices are applied to all job vacancies.