Stroud District Council has over 40 mobile home and caravan sites in the district. These sites are inspected regularly by council officers and a license is issued under the Caravan Sites and Development Act 1960. This inspection is to ensure that the site is being managed in accordance to its site conditions.
The Mobile Homes Act 2013 has given greater safeguards to mobile home owners on residential park sites.
The safeguards include the removal of the requirement for the site owner to consent to the sale or gift of a mobile home on his or her site, but if you bought or were gifted your home before 26 May 2013, you will need to tell them who your buyer is.
It also ensures that any increase (or decrease) in site fees is published and is inline with Retail Price Index, unless there are exceptional circumstances. They must give you 28 days notice of any annual change in fees.
Your rights also improved on the 26 May 2013. There is new protection against harassment, illegal eviction and the giving of false information.
Mobile Homes Act 2013
On 26th March 2013 the Mobile Homes Act 2013 was enacted. This new law has introduced a number of changes, which have been implemented in stages with the last stage coming into force on 1st April 2014.
Some of the changes implemented include the following:
- a seller of a park home no longer needs to seek approval of the buyer from the site owner
- new forms are to be completed if a site owner wants to increase pitch fees
- certain site rules have been banned and there are new procedures for a site owner to follow if they want to make a new site rule, which has been specified in the Mobile Homes Act (Site Rules)(England) Regulations 2014
- it has been made less onerous to prove an offence of harassment of an occupier of a park home
- it has created a new offence of providing false or misleading information to deter the purchase of a mobile home going ahead.
The legislation also brings in a duty for the Local Authority to maintain a register of the site rules for each of the caravan sites in their district.
Park homes register and fee policy
- Mobile Homes Act Site Register (405.6 KB)
- Park Homes Fee Policy.pdf (35.2 KB)
- 1 Hiltmead Lane, Moreton Valence, Gloucester.pdf (94.7 KB)
- Beeches Park, Minchinhampton.pdf (114.7 KB)
- Berkeley Vale Park, Hook Street.pdf (123.3 KB)
- Dursley Vale Park, Cam .pdf (114.0 KB)
- Green Park, Green Lane, Hardwicke.pdf (125.1 KB)
- Hope Mill Park, Hope Mill Lane, Brimscombe.pdf (113.2 KB)
- Poplars Park, Dursley Road, Cambridge, Gloucester.pdf (137.7 KB)
- Redstones, Haywicks Lane, Hardwicke.pdf (26.4 KB)
- Riverside Park, Churchend, Eastington.pdf (13.7 KB)
- The Hill, Merrywalks.pdf (90.5 KB)