Skip to content

Information for private sector tenants and owner occupiers

  • budgets-greypng Deposit Bond

    Depending on your circumstances the Council can provide you with a bond in the form of a guarantee for your deposit.

  • repairspng Private sector tenants - housing repairs and maintenance

    If you are living in a private rental property and you need a repair or maintenance carried out you must approach your landlord in the first instance.

  • apply-for-it-greypng Healthy homes loan

    Interest free loans are available for owner occupiers from a minimum £500 up to a maximum of £15,000 (subject to a means test) to remove a serious defect in your property that could affect your health.

  • housing-personpng Overcrowding in private rented properties

    If you feel your accommodation is too small for your family, you may be considered to be living in overcrowded conditions.

  • housing-grouppng Condensation and mould

    Advice to help with reducing condensation and mould in your home.

Share this page