Skip to content

Minor home adaptations and equipment for a disabled person

After your home assessment your Occupational Therapist may recommend the use of equipment which can be loaned or may need to be purchased.

The Your Circle Gloucestershire website provides a useful self-help resource with information on how to prevents against falls and where to purchase your own aids and equipment if necessary. It includes a link to AskSara which has a self-assessment form and lots of suggestions for care and support needs. Please return any equipment you do not use or no longer need via the equipment service.

If you need to carry out minor works or jobs around your home, these local organisations offer affordable and practical help;

  • British Red Cross – loan of equipment and help with independent living
  • Age UK – domestic services and help with independent living

You may prefer to contact your own trusted local builder or use our online Contractors Directory to help find a small repairs or handy person service.

Share this page