Skip to main content

Adaptation and equipment for a disabled person

If you (or a member of your household) are having difficulty getting around the home or using the amenities, you may need advice about what can be done to help. An Occupational Therapist (OT) can do a free home visit to assess what help may be appropriate such as; specialist equipment for the home, a home adaptation or a referral to other services such as physiotherapy or GPs. 

For more information about the OT service and to book an assessment for an adult go to Gloucestershire County Council or contact the helpdesk on 01452 426868. For the Children’s Occupational Therapy services go to Gloucestershire Care Services NHS.

Care and Repair England have also published a number of useful self help guides to help people with long term health problems to improve their home environment.

Please note, the district councils provides the Disabled Facilities Grant service to you. They will use your personal information to provide this service to you and will need to share your information with relevant service areas within the Council and partner organisations to enable them to do this. For further information about how your district council uses information it holds about you, please visit their website.


Council logos

Share this page

We use cookies to improve user experience. If you continue, we will assume you are happy to accept cookies from this website. Continue