An introductory tenancy is a probationary tenancy for twelve months. After the trial period, the tenant may become a secure tenant if they meet the conditions in their tenancy agreement.
The terms and conditions for this type of tenancy are:
- a 12 month trial period (can be extended a further six months)
- the same level of service (as secure tenants)
- same obligation to pay rent and meet Tenancy Agreement conditions
- less security if you break tenancy conditions
- fewer rights (e.g. no right to buy, exchange or carry out improvements)
Click Introductory Tenancy Agreement to see conditions.
The vast majority of our Introductory Tenants go on to become Secure Tenants.