Secure tenants' rights
If you are a secure tenant you have all the rights listed on this page.
If you are an Introductory Tenant, then you do not enjoy all these rights.
As a secure tenant you can:
- live in your home for the rest of your life as long as you follow the terms of your tenancy agreement
- apply for right to buy - buy your home at a discount after a qualifying period
- pass on your home depending on certain conditions
- take in lodgers and sub-let part of your home with your Neighbourhood Management Officer's written consent. However, this could affect any benefits you receive.
- have your home repaired and the right to repair where we have not completed repair works within the legal time frame
- improve your home, subject to terms and conditions and only with our written consent.
- be compensated for certain improvements you have made if you move home in certain circumstances
- have the 'right to manage'
- exchange your property for another if we give our written consent
- be consulted on any housing management matters which may affect you. Read the papers which will be discussed by the housing committee.
- receive information about how we provide and deliver our services to tenants