Pets and livestock
We appreciate the health and wellbeing benefits that owning a pet can bring people and support pet ownership.
We accept that pets should be welcomed in our properties as long as you:
- have our written permission
- control them at all times and are not allowed to roam communal areas
- keep it safe and in a hygienic manner
- ensure they are neutered, micro chipped and vaccinated regularly (in the case of cats and dogs
- treat it appropriately to prevent flea infestation
You must also make sure that you have a responsible adult to take care of your pet in an emergency. Otherwise, we will arrange accommodation at a kennels or cattery and the cost will be charged to you.
To keep pets that need caging, such as rabbits, guinea pigs and livestock such as poultry, you must obtain permission from your Housing Officer first . You will need to supply details of the species along with a plan of the proposed structure and its location.
Any run area and/or coop must be kept clean and all waste materials are either composted or disposed of safely.