Skip to content

Get help with debts

If you need help with buying equipment, home improvements or medical needs, visit the Money Advice service for free and impartial information or get in touch with one of the independent organisations listed here. 

Advice from other organisations

GL Communities website offers useful advice and can be contacted on 01452 306581.  They also hold a weekly drop-in session on Tuesdays from 10 am to 12.30 pm at APT, Park Parade, Stonehouse or you can arrange to see them at GL11 Community Hub, Cam - ring 01453 505544 for an appointment 

SSAFA offer anyone who has served in Forces (Royal Navy, British Army or Royal Air Force), advice and support with finance and dealing with debt.  Alternatively, ring 0800 731 4880* or the local branch on 01452 520255 (Mon to Fri: 9.30 am – 5 pm)

*free from landlines, payphones and most mobiles

Gloucester Law Centre offer free confidential and impartial legal advice relating to housing matters, as long as you are eligible for legal aid.  Contact the centre to see if you can  get legal advice. You will certainly be entitled to if you are  a tenant on Income Support, Universal Credit or Pension Credit or income based Employment Support Allowance.  Free advice is also available if you are homeless, subject to possession proceedings, have serious disrepair in your property, or have been accused of anti-social behaviour.  To make an appointment phone 01452 423492, weekdays 
                      9 am to 12 pm.        or        1 to 4.30 pm.

If you wish to attend the centre's Wednesday 'drop in' sessions (10 am - 12 pm) do phone ahead to find out what documents you need to bring.

If you have a court hearing today, you may request advice from the law centre through the court desk.  It is always better to get in touch with the law centre well before a court hearing, however.

Turn2us have useful information about grants if you need help with buying equipment, home improvements or medical needs.


Share this page