Looking after your home
You are responsible for keeping your home in good condition. To help you do this, there are a few things you can do to prevent potential problems.
- Wipe down all windows affected by 'condensation' on a regular basis and if any mould has formed, clean it off using a proprietary product from a DIY store.
- Limescale can be removed from baths, sinks shower heads and taps with a descaler available from any DIY store.
- Blockages in kitchen sink waste pipes can be prevented by flushing through with washing soda and hot water.
- Outside gullies should be kept clear of leaves and other debris so that water drains away easily.
- Make sure you know where the main Stop Cock is, and how to turn it off. Also, make sure you know how to turn off your electricity and gas supply in an emergency.
- Never use the loft for storage or any other purpose
In the autumn, it's a good idea to check the following and notify us of any problems. We can then repair them before they get worse and cause you any inconvenience.
- ensure all your heating controls are set correctly. Test the heating and make sure it's working properly before the cold weather sets in.
- look up at your roof and check whether or not there are any missing or broken slates
- Check whether or not there are any leaks from gutters and downpipes