Skip to content

Moving elsewhere

At some stage you may find your home no longer meets your needs.

For instance, your children may have grown up and left home and you now have a spare bedroom.  If this is the case and you are claiming Housing Benefit, you will be affected by the removal of the spare room subsidy (bedroom tax).

It's worth noting that if you are a secure tenant and decide to move to a smaller home you may qualify for a 'Moving Home Grant'.  Your Neighbourhood Management Officer or Income Management Officer will have details.   

If, on the other hand, your family has become larger and your home overcrowded, you can:


If you don’t have access to a computer at home, you can make use of facilities either at Ebley Mill or your local public library.

Helpful information about transferring homes and mutual exchanges can be found at our Housing advice section on the council's website.

Ending your tenancy

Don’t end your tenancy until you have finalised arrangements for your new home.

Share this page