Consultation and having your say
Consultation under Section 20
We send notices to every leaseholder who must pay towards work or services. These notices are called Section 20 notices. They contain information about:
- What work we are planning to do
- The opportunity to take part in a process of consultation
- The timescales
- How you will be consulted
- Your obligation to pay for work as a leaseholder of the property
We will consult you before doing the following:
- Carrying out any work that costs more than £250 per property in a year. This covers repairs, maintenance and improvements to your building or estate.
- Entering any long-term agreements (more than twelve months) with outside contractors for work, supplies or services where the cost per property will be more than £100 per year.
Examples include: agreements for supplying goods or services (such as cleaning) and agreements for maintenance work (such as day to day repairs).
We will tell you about our plans that could affect your home and the services we provide for you. Where possible, we will contact you in plenty of time.
We will ask for your opinions about important housing issues such as:
- Changes in policies and procedures
- Major repairs, improvements and planned maintenance
- New services
When you give us your feedback, we will do all we can to take your views into account before we make a decision. You have the right to be involved in decisions about the ongoing services you receive. We want you to have a real say in how your services are provided.
If you have any questions about section 20 notices or would like to make written observations regarding a notice you have received, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join in and get involved
We want you to be involved in decisions that affect your home and your community. Your views are crucial in helping to make a difference. To find out more visit Stroud Tenant Voice for details about the many ways you can help. Some are more formal; others do not require you even leaving your front door.