We want to help you to make the most of your home and community you live in.
Welcome to your landlord services
We provide a housing service for over 5000 properties across 400 square miles over the district. As landlord and tenant we both have particular responsibilities which you can read all about in your tenant handbook. Our responsibilities are looked after by two dedicated specialist teams.
The Income Team:
work with you to manage your rent payments, debts and provide specialist support for the forthcoming benefits change to Universal Credit.
The Neighbourhood Management Team:
arrange property viewings, manage our estates and communal areas, help to build strong communities and deal with extreme anti-social behaviour.
We want to make your home and community a great place to live. We will:
- Maintain and manage your home
- Carry out repairs covered in your tenancy agreement
- Inspect communal areas to keep them up to standard
- Collect your rent and tackle arrears
- Offer advice and support on debt, money management and welfare benefits
- Help you with mutual exchanges, transfers and swops
- Work together with you and partner agencies to prevent and combat anti-social behaviour
- Engage with you to get more of your views and use your feedback to further improve services
- Keep you informed about our services and any changes to them
- Support you in community activities
- Signpost you to community support services.
- Manage your Right to Buy
Community support useful links
Community support service links for advice and help on living in your home, dealing with neighbour nuisance and relationship issues.
Right to buy
Apply for your right to buy.
Insurance for Stroud District Council tenants
Home contents insurance for Stroud District Council tenants
Garage lettings and sales
How we let and sell our garages.
Adaptions to your home
Do you think your home may need special adaptations to help you live independently?
This page was last updated: 1 September 2017