Repairs we are not responsible for
As a tenant, you are responsible for minor repairs, maintenance and replacements. These include:
- damage caused by you, your family or visitors to your home
- lock changes
- decorating the inside of your home and keeping it in a good state of decoration
- woodwork and plaster
- providing and maintaining TV aerials (except shared services)
- your own electrical appliances
- garden fences and gates (except those connected to public land)
- garden sheds and greenhouses
- repairing and replacing small items such as keys, washing lines, WC seats and shower curtains (except those in shared areas such as sheltered housing schemes)
- electric showers (except those installed by the council or those not designated as tenant’s responsibility when they took on the tenancy)
We may use our discretion in circumstances where a tenant has a vulnerability.
If your décor is damaged through no fault of your own (because of fire, flood, storm or through work carried out by us), we will give you a decoration voucher to help with the cost of redecorating.