What we do
Tenant Services supports housing committee members in the management and provision of council housing services.
This work includes:
- the building of new affordable council homes across the district comprising properties for rent and shared ownership.
- up to £6.7m of planned work to homes to help meet all regulatory standards, including the Regulator of Social Housings Home Standard, to ensure homes are heated efficiently and cost effectively to help tackle fuel poverty
- maintaining homes to a high standard through planned and responsive maintenance
- tenancy management
- estate management
- implementation of a multi-million pound sheltered modernisation programme, improving and updating our older people’s housing across the district.
- investigating in-house options for some services, based on the successful delivery of gas servicing
- ensuring the council meets consumer standards set out by the Regulator of Social Housing