Where to go for advice about debt

Change in contact hours

We are unavailable by telephone on Thursdays. You can leave a voicemail for us to call you back the next day or email enquiries to us at benefit.services@stroud.gov.uk and put your claim number in the subject line.

Meetings with benefit assessors are by appointment only.  You can leave any documents with Reception staff during Council opening times.

The following offer free, confidential and independent advice on dealing with debt problems in the UK.

National Debtline

Telephone: 0808 808 4000
Fax: 0121 410 6230
Monday to Friday, 9am to 9pm
Saturday, 9:30am to 1pm
Find out about call charges

Stroud & Cotswolds Citizens Advice

If you are experiencing financial difficulties for any reason there is help available. The Citizens Advice is able to offer free advice. See the debt section available at: http://citizensadvice-stroudandcotswold.org.uk/stroud-cab-debt-money-advice.php


Get free debt advice and help with money management at www.stepchange.org

Christians Against Poverty

A charity offering free debt counselling at https://capuk.org




Share this page

We use cookies to improve user experience. If you continue, we will assume you are happy to accept cookies from this website. Continue