Universal Credit for landlords

Benefits Update

The Benefits service is dealing with an increased volume of enquiries and claims and this is causing unavoidable delays.  Please do not visit the Council. Request/send in information by email at benefit.services@stroud.gov.uk - put "Claim Ref" and your claim number in the subject line, e.g Claim Ref 12345 - or send by post.

Visit the Housing Benefit page to see if you claim help with your rent from us or Universal Credit.  Visit the Council Tax Support page to see how to claim help with your Council Tax. Visit the Universal Credit page for advice about UC and how to claim.

If you have to visit us because you can't email us you can leave any documents in a sealed envelope with your name and address in the post box outside to the right of the entrance.

Stroud District Council is working with the Department for Work and Pensions to reach out to Landlords and give them information that will help them support their tenants.

Landlords come together about Universal Credit

Stroud District Council are working with the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) on a campaign to reach out to both Social and Private Rental Sector landlords to provide information about Universal Credit that will help them support their tenants.

DWP has developed a new suite of landlord communication products including a top tips guide, new videos and a new section of the Understanding Universal Credit website for landlords.

To take a look at these products go to the DWP page Universal Credit for Landlords



Share this page

We use cookies to improve user experience. If you continue, we will assume you are happy to accept cookies from this website. Continue