Energy & Water
Energy bills support scheme
The government's energy bills support scheme will deliver a £400 non-repayable discount to eligible households to help with energy bills from October 2022.
- Energy bills support scheme - www.gov.uk
Contact your energy supplier if you are struggling to pay for energy or think you may get into difficulty. If you already have energy debts, some larger suppliers offer grants to help pay this off. Many of the energy suppliers are providing support for people during this crisis. Check your supplier's website or call them to find out what support they can provide.
Energy Bills Support Scheme – Alternative Funding
On 19 December the Government announced further schemes, to provide certain households with further help towards their energy costs. These schemes are intended to go live towards the end of January 2023.
The help will be targeted at a small number of households in our area.
- The Energy Bills Support Scheme Alternative Funding (EBSS AF) scheme will be targeted at households that missed out on the £400 Energy bills discount scheme due to not having a direct contractual relationship with their electricity supplier. Customers who are eligible for support under the main Energy Bills Discount Scheme will not be eligible for EBSS AF.
- The Alternative Fuel Payment (AFP) scheme will be directed to those households that heat their homes using alternative energy sources, such as oil, coal, liquified petroleum gas (LPG) or biomass rather than gas or electricity.
Applications for these schemes will need be made directly through the gov.uk website and not to Stroud District Council.
We are waiting for further information from the Government about exactly how these schemes will operate and what the council’s role will be in relation to administration.
Until the guidance is issued in the new year, we will not be able to answer any questions about either of these schemes. Once further information is available, we will update this page of our website.
Stroud Foodbank can refer you for fuel vouchers. Please ask us to refer you if you are in fuel emergency.
Call 01453 766321 and dial 0 for Customer Services or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Severn Wye Age UK Energy Vouchers for over 65s
Severn Wye Energy Agency and Age UK are working together to provide energy vouchers for people in Gloucestershire over the age of 65. This is by referral only so please contact us at 01453 766321 or email@example.com if you would like us to refer you to the scheme.
Warm and Well
Warm and Well - https://warmandwell.co.uk
You can also visit Warm and Well for advice and support on managing your home energy. If your household income is under £30,000 and you privately own or rent an inefficient property, you could qualify for free support.
Warm and Well is managed by Severn Wye Energy Agency Ltd on behalf of the local authorities in Gloucestershire.
Apply to the Household Support fund
The Household Support Fund is available through Gloucestershire County Council to support households who are experiencing financial hardship. The fund can help with the costs of food, energy and water bills and other essential items. When you apply you will be asked to provide some kind of evidence to show your loss of income or increased living costs. For full information on how to apply please visit their webpage or call for advice if you cannot apply online.
- How to apply online: The Household Support Fund
- Call Gloucestershire County Council for guidance if you are not able to apply online 01452 425000
Apply for a discount on water bills
Households on low income can apply for financial support through their local water provider. Please visit their website to see what support is available.